Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Masi CXGR Disc Steel Bike Ultegra

Options
  • 27-02-2024 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

This steel framed bike would make an ideal tourer or commuter. Masi market it as a CX/Gravel bike but I'd have thought it's a bit heavy for CX! Probably be grand for gravel or bikepacking.

Tig Welded Double Butted Chromoly Tubing; Full 6700 Ultegra Groupset; Own brand wheels and finishing kit. Promax Mechanical Discs. Wheels are heavy!

XL 60cm frame on normal roadbike sizing would be for 6'2" - 6'5" but as a touring bike where you might prefer a less aggressive position it'll work fine with a shorter stem for anyone from about 5'6" up. I was using it with a 90mm stem which made the EFT less than the Large 58cm frame and a 70mm stem would be about the same as the Medium 56cm.

Some details on the spec and sizing here - https://archive.harobikes.com/masi/2019-masi/cxgr-2019

Both frame and groupset have a few scrapes and scratches but nothing major or unsightly. Massive tyre clearance so it'll take anything smaller than a tractor tyre. I've had 50c on 650b wheels and 40c on 700c wheels. Great for the bigger potholes.

Steel bikes are a unique experience and I'm only selling it because I've replaced it with another steel bike.

I'm in Dublin 18, close to N11/M50.

Asking €550

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

The wheels and heavy tyres let this bike down. I could do it with Aksiums and Gatorskins instead for the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Price drop to €450. Full Ultegra Groupset!

Advertisement