Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kent Station interior signage for the Alfred St. bus stop?

Options
  • 27-02-2024 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭

I can see the exterior to the south of Kent Station on Google Streetview and close to the bus stop on Alfred St. there is a glass block with a lift and an Iarnrod Eireann sign so I assume that there is signage inside the station to get you that point. It looks like it's connected to the station via a tunnel under the tracks.

I'm trying to help someone (travelling tomorrow) to get to that point so what signage should they look for inside the station - I'm guessing it could be one or more of: 'South Car Park' or 'Alfred St.' or 'buses to Cork City'?

This is the location... https://maps.app.goo.gl/gFv2tn8cJWun7Jei8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

EDIT: My post deleted itself so retyping:

When you get off the train, go to the main concourse. Look for signage saying Horgan's Quay exit, not City Centre. It will then look like you're going back onto the platform, but that's fine, you don't go through turnstiles. Follow those signs and it will bring you to the tunnel. Then you just keep going straight until you see the exit sign (before you get there there is a turn off for another platform but it's well signposted). Note that that section of Alfred Street is technically a bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cheers for the responses folks, especially the photo trail supplied by thomil. Very useful.

Advertisement