Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change a Day/Night meter to 24-hour meter

Options
  • 27-02-2024 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I've tried looking this up, but nearly everything I've found is the opposite of what I want.

I moved into a house that had a day/night meter installed. It has since been upgraded to a smart meter, but still with day/night rates.

Looking into my usage, I don't feel like it warrants a day/night meter, and I don't use enough electricity at night to warrant it. I'm also not organised enough to make the required changes (e.g. running dishwasher and washing machine overnight).

I want to look into changing it to a 24-hour meter. As this is now a smart meter, could this be done without physically changing it, as would have been required with the old meter? I'm hoping it's just a software/firmware update that needs to be done.

Any disadvantage in doing this? Once done, I am planning to move to a non-smart 24-hour electricity plan.

Comments

Advertisement