Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agricultural advisor with meat factory with fast food chain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

This is just replacing Athenry.

The project must be 15 years old or more and everything I have seen is just squandering tax payers money.

They used some of the best land in the country to make a loss.in the name of teaching farmers with the worst land in the country.

Teagasc is just another RTE that hasn't been discovered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭kk.man

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I drove past Newford farm yesterday and the track machines have already moved in. Looks like they are putting new roads in. Anyone know what will be built there?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Aravo

IDA bought a lot of Teagasc lands at Athenry a number of years ago. Land is ideally located right beside m6 motorway junction 17. Dexcom moving to part of it as part of €300m project. Dexcom new sponsors of showgrounds rugby stadium in Galway. Dexcom is a medical device company.

Post edited by Aravo on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭n1st

Anyone else find it strange the the largest agricultural advisor in the country (funded 75% by the taxpayer/ourselves) is in partnership with at least two groups who have no interest in the welfare of farmer, animals or the land?

Is there not a conflict of interest here?

The burger meat processor and a burger maker together with the advisor, while the advisor is telling the burger meat grower to increase volume and inputs.

Not to mention that the best fed cattle in the world are being used for the cheapest food in the world.

Something wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭amacca

I tend to agree. None of what I see these days is imo in the best interest of family farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Am told they are offering neighbouring farms €350 an acre for lease.

Advertisement