Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Test Route, G.A.A. Test Center

Options
  • 26-02-2024 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, im new to motorcycling but i haven't seen any test routes for kilkenny to practice, unlike other cities. So i've decided to post it here so if anyone searches anxiously like me they can have at least one possible test route to practice. Passed it first try by the way!

Below is a rough map for anyone not familiar with the area but here are the exact instructions i was given.

• Left out of the test center
    • Left first exit on the roundabout
    • Left first exit on the roundabout
    • Right onto golf rings road
    • left first exit on roundabout
    • right onto castlecomer road
    • left into glendine road (there are two, its the one with the roundabout at the end)
    • left first exit on the roundabout, Here is a tough bit, i looked to the right into the only other entry on the mini roundabout, but got a grade 2, tester admitted that sometimes he decides that its a grade 3 if the rest of your riding isn't up to spec... he said the "proper" way to check that roundabout is safe to enter is to look once into the road entering the roundabout, straight ahead, then look again into that road while looking through into the side road there that enters kilkenny college, dont forget your left lifesaver before entering.
    • follow the road until the tester asks you to pull over on the bridge, emergency braking excercise and move on.
    • left onto dunmore road
    • left onto N77
    • straight second exit on the roundabout
    • left into the estate, pull over, U-turn, slow ride
    • out of the estate right
    • straight on the roundabout, first exit
    • right onto dunmore road
    • right at the junction
    • park up on this road again, obstacle avoidance excercise
    • right into glendine heights estate, pull over immedietly, hill start.
    • navigate through the estate and then left onto castlecomer road
    • straight second exit on the roundabout
    • right onto old mart road
    • left onto R887, first one past the cinema
    • follow the road aroun to the left, keep in the center of your lane its a tight corner.
    • straight through the parking lot onto barrack street
    • straight through the junction
    • right third exit on the roundabout
    • left first exit on the roundabout
    • left into test center

if the KK tester tells you you've failed but you were very very sure you passed, you still might have, tester told me i failed on a grade 3 but later revealed i actually passed after telling me my grade 2's. It did upset me to a decent degree, he made it out like each of the grade 2s he was talking about was a grade 3, made me very combative trying to piece together how each of those was a grade 3, because i was dead sure i didn't put anyone or myself in danger, i argued with him over my faults a fair bit.

weird approach but OK, he said it's because it makes people think about their faults because they don't want to repeat them next time, so they actually listen to their feedback. Not telling me the result until after we went through the faults would have had the same effect, hearing "i have some bad news for you, you failed on a grade 3" really angered me.

Advertisement