Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinakilly Park in Rathnew

Options
  • 26-02-2024 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone!

We have booked a house in the Tinakilly Park development in Rathnew. The houses seem of great quality and they tick every box for us at this stage of our life. We are in early 30s and looking to start a family in the next couple of years. I go to office once a week in D15 (because I want to, it is not required), while my wife travels to D7 for work twice a week usually, so the commute will not be that big of an issue for us.

We have some questions for people already living in Tinakilly Park. We would also very much value input from anyone who already lives in/around Rathnew/Wicklow Town area

1) What is your impression of the estate so far and the house quality?

2) Do you find the area to be safe in general? Are there any issues with anti-social behaviour?

3) We enjoy long walks/runs, sometimes in the mornings, sometimes in the evenings. Are there any nice trails within walking distance? Would you advise to avoid certain areas in the evenings for safety, low visibility etc.?

4) I love going to the gym and staying active. Is there a swimming pool nearby? Are there any good gyms?

5) How do you find the area in general in terms of raising kids? How do you find the schools?

6) Are there community groups around? Sports teams, amateur dramatics, gardening etc.

Thank you very much. Any answer is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Fi_Ju on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

We have some questions for people already living in Tinakilly Park. We would also very much value input from anyone who already lives in/around Rathnew/Wicklow Town area

1) What is your impression of the estate so far and the house quality?

I dont live there but finishes look good ,theres a residents FB page where some small issues crop up (rad leaks etc) but overall look good,early days though.

2) Do you find the area to be safe in general? Are there any issues with anti-social behaviour?

Its not so much an area as a developed green field site,rathnew is safe time will tell with the makeup of the estate.

3) We enjoy long walks/runs, sometimes in the mornings, sometimes in the evenings. Are there any nice trails within walking distance? Would you advise to avoid certain areas in the evenings for safety, low visibility etc.?

some nice walks around Tinakilly but that over development may change that,estate is in close accsess to port road cycleways which can have some nice safe loops from the estate.

4) I love going to the gym and staying active. Is there a swimming pool nearby? Are there any good gyms?

few gyms around rathnew/wicklow,nothing fancy....good variety of fitness classes. public swimming pool in Coral Leisure,nothing fancy.

5) How do you find the area in general in terms of raising kids? How do you find the schools?

great for kids,loads of clubs/sports....schools currently good but can see oversubscription on the horizon, primarily due to the development of big estates like TP.

6) Are there community groups around? Sports teams, amateur dramatics, gardening etc.

yes,loads.....

Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rosemcc

@Fi_Ju hi, we are in the process of signing contracts for tinakilly park but the time taking for valuation has held us up in the process. The developers have been really strict with the deadline and are refusing to extend by any length at all. I’m just wondering if you have had an easy ride with them or is it just us?

Advertisement