Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assioma duo pm pedal problems

Options
  • 26-02-2024 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭

I've had these for a few years now with very few issues but for the last couple of months readings have been crazy i cold & wet weather.

Customer service have been helpful & awaiting a reply after sending all required information & test protocls etc.

They are outside warranty but is there something i'm missing myself to correct the problem? Bearings were replaced around 3 months ago & again i cleaned each pedal after being out Sunday.

Anyone else had similar issues with these in crap weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

I had some issues with my Assioma Duos, I can't say it was crap weather with mine, the problem I had was that the L pedal wouldn't hold calibration, it would drift during a ride, possibly as the temperature changed. The problem was apparent when I looked at the L/R figures, the R was consistent through the ride the L would drift and the L/R balance would end up way off.

As long as your bearings are OK and your cleats and pedal bodies aren't so worn that the shoe is touching the pod when you cycle I don't believe there's any fix for a bad pedal, everything is sealed into the pod and spindle and they can't be serviced. Once Favero support figure out the issue they usually offer a discount on a new pedal, hopefully for you there's only one malfunctioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mine will calibrate fine but go mental in cold weather. All data has been reviewed so just waiting to see what they come back with tomorrow hopefully.

As you said I’m either down €300 or €600 to get this resolved. Overall I can’t complain with many years of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

I had the same issues in one of my pairs (DUO - left hand side) till it eventually stopped calibrating and giving an error ("unable to calibrate"). If you ride them a lot outside, and during the winter here in Ireland, I think these pedals have an average life expectancy of about 3-5 years.

Assioma offered me a discounted single spindle which i bought.

How did you get on with Assioma at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

After going over & back it was confirmed the right spindle was the issue though my gut was both were at end of life as you suggested 3-5 years with indoor/outdoor use all year round.

The offer was initially €270 for RHS plus shipping then i asked would they replace both for discount. The offer for both was €600 delivered as the web price from Assioma is €700. Cigala retail are €624 delivered in 1-2 days so went with them.

Advertisement