Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personnel Qualification Audit

Options
  • 26-02-2024 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I started a New Job last year. have passed the probation period so am permanent now

i received an email from hr titled Personnel Qualification Audit that seems to have been sent out to all people hired last year

requesting that i upload evidence of my education to an internal system and that my file is open to audit.

the thing is i moved house and have no idea where any of my certs are all courses were completed around 10 years ago.

do i need to be worried if i cant upload a copy of the certs? could there be any repercussions for not doing this? i have checked over my contract and there is no mention of this anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Did you claim to have certain qualifications as part of getting the job? Really they should have been verified as part of the hiring process, but if they weren't, I'm sure the institution you studied with can reissue .

Or if this is just about other qualifications you have done, but weren't part of the hiring process - its nothing to worry about, but without the cert you really cannot say you have the qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Manintheland

I had the courses I completed on my CV nothing i haven't actually completed checking with the institution they charge a €100 fee to reissue.

i guess what I'm wondering is can they do anything if i don't upload the certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...they might make life awkward for you, but you could just explain your situation, that you ve just simply misplaced your certs, and will upload as soon as you find them, play that for a while and see where it goes to, and in the mean time you might just find those certs before having to get them reissued....

...best of luck with the job

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah, you'd really want to mind any certs you get better. Even taking a photo of them, saving somewhere is a good idea.

I wouldn't fck with HR on this. Tell them you've to get onto the organisations you got them from and it might take a while to sort but it's something you should have in place either way in case you move jobs etc down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I'm really surprised that this wasn't done as part of your hiring. My experience is that this type of review normally happens for longer service people where things might not have been provided digitally.

My advice would be to back to HR & explain that you've moved house recently and haven't fully unpacked so not sure where your certs are. That said, they will want them at some point. So best bet is to start looking & keep them in a safe place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well one way or another your going to need those certs again down the line, so telling them and you are not willing to pay to get them reissued sounds a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If the certs were 100% required for your current job, I'd expect them to have been requested during hiring. So I'd not expect any immediate consequences.

But not being able to prove that you have other qualifications that you claimed to have could make HR see you as flakey, unreliable or even dishonest. So it could hinder your progression in the company, especially if they hired you hoping you would move into another role once you have some experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,524 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I assume HR hired someone without certs, which backfired so was checked. So HR got an earful for it, because they should have checked them. So are now going through all the recent hires.

As a result I expect they'll take a hard line on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Ted222

If you were employed on the understanding that you had certain qualifications, you could potentially be fired if you can’t provide proof.

If you like your job, provide the proof, whatever the cost may be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As said above, its reasonably common.

In a previous company, a guy who was there 5 years had to provide his transcipts, references.

• Advertisement
Advertisement