Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a club from US

Options
  • 25-02-2024 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I’m thinking of buying a Lab Putter directly from their website. Anyone any idea what kind of charge I’d be looking at for import duty. If the putter was 600e let’s say. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

It's going to ultimately come down to the value that they specify on the customs docket.

I brought in one of those limited edition Odyssey Jailbird putters. Was about $400 for the putter but got hit with a fairly small amount on the duty.

Pretty sure that there are Lab Golf stockists in ireland. Would you try one of them here rather than import from US.

I did it for the one mentioned above because you they only released it in the US and bought it through AnPost AddressPal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

Like what spacecoyote said it depends on what's listed on the invoice/export paperwork.

At a minimum you should be charged 23% vat on the total usd price including shipping/handling. You may also be liable for a percentage of duty given the high price. You also have the addresspal shipping fee on top.

Convert the total shipped price to euro and add 30% to get an idea. Say the putter is $600 which is about €550, which hould put you in the ball park of €160-€170 duty/tax plus address pal. That's just north of €720 total.

The usual caveats apply that it could be plus or minus but it's a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Seaaan123

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I’d gotten in touch with two of the places that stock them here. Was given a ballpark figure of 750e. I have a 10% discount code to use on the LAB site so I think going directly may be the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

is the 750 euro with a fitting?? Might be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

Just to add to gypsy79's point. If the price is close, I'd lean toward getting it local in Ireland.

If you have any issues with it, you could be completely stuck or take ages to resolve. At least with a local option you have something to fall back on. Plus if there's fitting involved in the price then it's an absolute no-brainer. I'm not too familiar with the models but you may also have the option of trying different heads, lengths, weights etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..or do you know anyone heading stateside that could bring it back, I got a few clubs from a US golfing work colleague back in the day, used to get delivered to him and he'd just stick it in the bag

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

yeah a fitting would be included in the 750e I think. Good point about having somewhere close to home if anything were to go wrong with it. LAB do their own remote fittings where they have you send in a video of your putting stroke and other details. I’ve sent this in over the weekend and am waiting to hear back. I suppose the big issue is that I won’t be able to get to Dublin for the fitting here for about another month and will then be waiting 6 weeks or so for delivery afterwards. Would probably be wise to order local though

I’m heading over myself next month haha. I think it’s a 6 week delivery time from order and something like 250e to expedite it. Plus it’ll be about 47 inches long so I’d be wary enough about throwing it in the luggage

Advertisement