Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube hybrid Pro 500 - yay or nay?

Options
  • 25-02-2024 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Looking to buy a decent second-hand ebike for rural riding with lots of hills and potholes.

Does anyone have opinions on the CUBE SUPREME HYBRID PRO 500 ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

Back again with what might be a more general question:

if you were spending a few thousand on an e-bike, would you rather a Cube or a Lapierre?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think make of the motor and components matter as much as the brand. E.g. if both are Bosch motors with Shimano gears/brakes, then there may not be a lot of difference. If one had an unknown Chinese brand motor, then I would go for the Bosch or Shimano. I would imagine Cube is a much more common brand of e-bike. I have a Cube cargo bike and I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can you Avail of the bike 2 work?

it may work out better to new

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

thanks, folks. As @CantGetNoSleep guessed, they're both Bosch and Shimano, and it's reassuring to hear those are the main things. I can't do the bike to work scheme, but am still leaning towards buying new if i can manage it so as to get a few more years of life from it

thank you both

Advertisement