Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

towbar on hybrid corolla

Options
  • 25-02-2024 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i have a 24 hybrid corolla ..i need to do a very small bit of towing ..a boat a couple of times a year.Could i get a towbar of micks garage and fit myself .Ive had a quick look at rear under panel ,its clipped in some fashion that im not familiar with ,,thatwould be my first hurdle .Ive looked on youtube ,havent seen anything of help..any experience out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,286 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The starting point is to see if the mod is allowed under your insurance assign form whatever certification the car carries in the Irish market

eg, My leaf is not, my ID3 is for bikes only on a rack

I forget the precise phase that is used, begins with a H

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

I don't think the hybrid Corolla, saloon or hatchback, is rated/built for towing.

The Corolla Cross is, but not the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭65535

Apart from rated etc. (Which is very relevant)

The weight would bother me if you are only using it a few times a year - even a detachable one can only detach the ball joint part and not the under frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,286 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I think the word is Homologation

there is a cart for each car

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement