Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it better to extract the root of a lateral incisor tooth or leave as it is?

Options
  • 25-02-2024 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I would like to know if it is better to extract the root of my lateral incisor right tooth which is broken or to leave it as it is because it does not hurt me because the nerve of this tooth was removed several years ago when a decay was repaired and I read that when the root of a tooth is extracted there is always the risk that the adjacent teeth are damaged.

Hence, I would like to know if it is worthwhile to take this risk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Walk1

English is not my first language so I am worried if I ask this question to my dentist because he may not understand me properly and it is why I ask this question in writing in this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Walk1

In case I use a bridge to cover my right lateral incisor tooth which is broken, I would like to know if I extract the root of this broken tooth the bridge will last longer.

In particular I would like to know if the bridge will be inserted in the hole left by the extraction of this tooth and as a consequence there is less risk that the bridge will fall in the future

Advertisement