Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Berlingo EV and variants real world range.

Options
  • 24-02-2024 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

Its getting close to the time for changing my ICE and changing to an EV is entering my thoughts.

I use my vehicle for carrying lots of stuff and because of that, I'm interested in the eBerlingo MPV EV or variants because of the big boot and flexibility of interior. I also tow a light trailer (400kg loaded) now and then. But with the relatively small battery, range is a concern.

I'm not a fast driver and perfectly content to sit at 100kmh on the motorway. A lot of my daily driving is on 80kmh roads.

I'm also considering the SUV types as well, ID4/Ionic 5/Enyaq, but the BIG boot on the eBerlingo/eRifter/eCombo is a big attraction for me.

What sort of range are drivers of Berlingo EV and variants getting in the real world?

If you could detail the efficiency and the speeds that these figures are being achieved, that would be much appreciated. Also Summer and Winter ranges. and if they have been reliable, tyre life, etc.

Many thanks for any replies.

Trundelvagen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RM Ernest

The range simulator on their website is actually pretty good to get a guage of speed and temp on range.

It'd be my perfect car if the battery was twice the size.

What sort of range do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trundelvagen

In local driving, I normally do about 400-500km a week, which is plenty for the eBerlingo, charging at home. But I fairly frequently also do longish journeys of 250km+, sometimes with that trailer. I only tow at 80kmh, so with my ICE, economy is about 2/3rds of my normal mpg.

I've looked at the calculator on the Citroen website, no idea how accurate to actual driving it is, which is why I'd like to hear from actual drivers of the vehicle and van drivers as well.

Advertisement