Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please for Satellite reception on Sony Bravia TV

Options
  • 23-02-2024 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Before I start I better say I'm not very well up on Satellite TV really. So if people could explain a few basics I'd appreciate it.

We inherited an existing, rusty but functional, satellite dish install on the wall of the house when we bought it a coupla years ago.

I've no idea what satellite it is pointing at, could be Astra I dunno.. Maybe someone could tell me how to find out..

There's a saorview aerial too. Also working.

i bought a Sony Bravia tv with built in tuners for saorview and satellite. I managed to get the TV tuned for Saorview (digital), Freesat (Freeview UK), and general Satellite.. (it breaks em up into different categories)

And its been working for a coupla years.. but not exactly perfectly...

The EPG works grand for the Saorview, I can set up recordings for a few days in advance. With Freesat or Satellite I have very patchy EPG .. sometimes it works other times its blank.. and I can't schedule recordings.. only record what we are watching... And sometimes channels seem to just disappear...

In the last couple of days all the kids channels on satellite have stopped working... CBBC, POP, Tiny Pop etc.. and thats causing consternation among the kids... which means hassle for Me.😣

The TV also sports a wifi connection.. but seems to lose it regularly.. so again, kids going mad.. cos YouTube kids stops working...

I'm wondering if there is an issue with this TV, with the Dish .. or what..

Do I need to go get a dedicated satellite box? Are the tuners in the Sony just rubbish ?

The picture on the bravia is brilliant tho.. I will say that...

Comments

Advertisement