Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy Kills World

Options
  • 23-02-2024 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭

Here’s the official synopsis:

Skarsgård stars as “Boy” who vows revenge after his family is murdered by Hilda Van Der Koy (Janssen), the deranged matriarch of a corrupt post-apocalyptic dynasty that left the boy orphaned, deaf and voiceless. Driven by his inner voice, one which he co-opted from his favorite childhood video game, Boy trains with a mysterious shaman (Ruhian) to become an instrument of death and is set loose on the eve of the annual culling of dissidents. Bedlam ensues as Boy commits bloody martial arts mayhem, inciting a wrath of carnage and blood-letting. As he tries to get his bearings in this delirious realm, Boy soon falls in with a desperate resistance group, all the while bickering with the apparent ghost of his rebellious little sister.

On top of Bill Skarsgård, the film stars Jessica Rothe, Michelle Dockery, Famke Janssen, Sharlto Copley, Brett Gelman, Isaiah Mustafa, Andrew Koji and Yayan Ruhian from the aforementioned “The Raid.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Good to see Mad Dog get some more main stream exposure.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Bill Skarskård always gets at least a look from me. And with Yayan Ruhian involved it seems safe to assume (as implied by the trailer) that the fight choreography will be great - Ruhian choreographed the fights in The Raid (and I think The Raid 2, but I could be wrong there).

The trailer suggests a similar tone to something like Guns Akimbo, which I thought was great fun - so I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Skarsgard, Ruhian, and voice acting from H Jon Benjamin are at least enough to have a bit of fun with this even if it's not great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

His CV is extensive but for me H Jon Benjamin is either Archer or Bob Belcher and given the latter's show has been something I've gorged on of late, all I can hear is Bob.

Really not sure about the trailer mind you, feels a bit too Try Hard but could all be in the edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New posters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 30,834 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

and now I want Bob Belcher to narrate my life.

Advertisement