Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Dealer

Options
  • 22-02-2024 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I bought a secondhand car from a dealership on the 6th of January. Noticed a couple of faults and spoke to the dealer and they were happy for me to take to local garage as it was a 4hour drive back to the dealership. On the 27th of January my car was looked at by local garage and they alerted me to another fault of the engine knocking badly. I phoned the dealership up and they said that they would need the car back to sort out the problems. I agreed and arranged to get the car back to them. Was told it had a faulty steering column and needed a new cam box for the engine problem. It's taken 3 weeks to get the car back and the knocking on the engine is not fixed in any way and still has a severe knocking. Was hoping someone could help me with my rights? Officially I believe I could of asked for full refund if any faults were found for up to 30 days. Now obviously I'm well past that date but only because it took them 3 weeks to get the car back to me. If anyone could help me with what rights I have I would be very grateful. The car is 2019 and I paid 17500 it that is any relevance.

Comments

Advertisement