Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water hammer arrestor on kitchen tap

Options
  • 22-02-2024 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

When the hot tap in my kitchen is shut off quickly the pipes bang quite loudly due to water hammer.

There is a big round unit that I thought would absorb the water hammer in my hot pressure, but it doesn't help, even when connecting a pump to it to make sure it was pressurised.

I want to try a water hammer arrestor on the tap itself. When I search online, most of the results are Sioux Chief brand units. Does anybody have experience of these and if so can you recommend one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

The big round unit is probably an expansion vessel which will be doing the same thing as the ones you refer - although the location may be of some significance. What pressure is the one you current have pumped up to?

The root cause is likely to be poorly secured pipework. It might be a better solution to expose some of it and get some decent clips on it.

Advertisement