Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Tiguan eHybrid

Options
  • 22-02-2024 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Have to say this new generation Tiguan looks like a top notch PHEV. Very impressive range.

It's up on the German configurator now, I'd expect it here soon.

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

probably 53k or so. Diesel from 48. First cars here in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

57k!!

an ID4 is much more appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Interior is night and day to ID.4 however.

Spent the last few days driving one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I've got a 231 R Line Tiguain so very interested in this one, particularly with the better range. Interior is nicer than mine for sure but i'm not convinced its a step up from the new Kodiaq. If I can get a decent deal on one though i'd be interested in one for 2025/26.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

For an extra 15k, it’d want to be.

but that transmission box in the box. Ah man I forgot how intrusive they are. With 3 kids in the back you could never go back to that from a flat floor of an ICE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭kaahooters

so, its a tiguan, with an id4 nose, and 20kwh phev drivetrain? 50kw dc charging too.

for 57k, its exactually the same price as the diesel spec for spec, id have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭davidivad

Can we assume if its €57,000 in Germany, it'll be dearer in Ireland??

The new Skoda's kodiaq and superb PHEV's claim a 100km range from a 25kw battery, whereas the Tiguan claims 120km on a 19kw battery?

Is there something I'm missing here, how is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭davidivad

I think it may be the same battery, with Skoda giving full size battery specs, whereas VW giving net size. Cupra, skoda, VW all seem to have a car coming out that is hybrid and has 100km electric only range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Buddy just ordered one - expected delivery in 5 weeks or so. Switching from current Tiguam to the new hybrid for an extra €25 per month on PCP, no additional cash down so pleased with the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Prices are up but it doesn’t mention a hybrid model.

The R Line is very pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

No price for PHEV yet, just mad Diesel prices 😯

IE - Diesel

Tiguan Launch Edition - Price incl. VAT€48,295.00

Tiguan Elegance - Price incl. VAT€57,095.00

Tiguan R-Line - Price incl. VAT€58,150.00

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jeremyr62

119km on battery. I'll eat my hat....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Those prices seem like an own goal by VW alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mouseycon

Those prices are crazy. The Tiguan does hold its value but how can VW justify those prices. An updated ID.4 or even an ID.7 is looking better value if the Tiguan PHEV is a simular price to the diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Nice looking "cars" seem expensive though.

R Line Hybrid in the UK starts at £39,680

R Line Diesel here starts at €58,150.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The diesel is subject to much higher VRT so hopefully the PHEV somes in somewhat cheaper, though it is a more complex and thus expensive machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The hybrid should be a bit cheaper but not significantly so, I would expect. For comparison, the diesel Cupra Formentor is approx 53k and the Hybrid is approx 50k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Regardless of the price differential, the PHEV could well be the preferred choice for fleet sales due to BIK and greenwashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

The current starting price for the new Tiguan is €59,000, while the ID4 begins at €39,000. This pricing discrepancy raises some concerns. I’m curious whether Volkswagen will adjust the pricing for the e-hybrid variant when it becomes available in Ireland. Although briefly mentioned earlier, has anyone inquired about it? My wife is considering switching from her ID4 to the e-hybrid. Personally, I’d prefer to wait for the next ID4, but she believes the smaller battery capacity will suffice for local trips. Additionally, since the charging network outside of Leinster isn’t the best, she can rely on the internal combustion engine when needed and take more work around the country. It's not the choice I would make but to each their own.

€59k is the R-Line. It starts at €49k for the "Life" (entry level) model.

I expect the Hybrid to be a bit cheaper than the diesel but I don't think there'll be a great difference in it, maybe a couple of K.

It's not on the pricelist but it seems to be listed in the finance calculator. Price is what I'd expect. I'd imagine the higher output version will push 60k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I'd be looking at Rline. Thats the TSI not the hybrid, no?

It's under the PHEV category. The 204bhp is the PHEV.

so if those prices are accurate (and i’d be doubtful, because the car isn’t launched here at all yet), then it looks like the Hybrid is 2k - 2.5k cheaper than the diesel. Factory optional extras would be slightly cheaper too due to lower VRT.

Will there be a higher bhp hybrid option?

A 1.5 tsi may be sluggish for a car that size

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

1.5 TSI is 150bhp. Over 200bhp when paired with an electric motor. Even as a standalone engine its adequate.

Possibly 240bhp like the Golf GTE

• Advertisement

There's two power outputs, 204bhp and 268bhp.

The 1.5tsi is rated at 150bhp in the lower trim and 177bhp in the higher one. It's more than adequate for the Tiguan.

Advertisement