Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Femme

Options
  • 22-02-2024 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this? It's available to stream, so I am going to give it a watch.

It has received good reviews in general. Just curious as to anyone else's opinions.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I watched it on streaming the other day and posted about it in the 'what have you watched recently?' thread. I've copied my post from there below:

Femme stars Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (aka Curtis the time-traveller from Misfits) and George Mackay in a queer revenge thriller that is much stronger than its trailer suggests, by being much more interested in getting under the skin of both Jules, a gay man and drag queen who is brutally assaulted at the start of the film, and Preston, Jules' attacker. Both characters are given more than enough depth to avoid simplistic "victim/attacker" designations, and I found it interesting that in both cases we see how their immediate social group imposes constraints on aspects of their identities that they want to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭flasher0030

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's coming to Netflix on Feb 29th.

Advertisement