Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Day [Netflix]

Options
  • 22-02-2024 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Surprised there is no thread on this ...

[Spoiler] utterly utterly heartbreaking, but amazing all the same ... incredible acting .. [/spoiler]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

Fantastic show. Watched the final ep at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

My wife introduced me to this having read the book years ago. She wasn't impressed with the film adaptation but we both enjoyed the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Is it worth watching?

I thought the book was shite

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Film wasn’t great but this is so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I loved every minute of this. I wasn't a fan of the film, I felt there was no chemistry between Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. You definitely couldn't say that about the NF series. Ambika Mod and Leo Woodall were brilliant together. Great actors, great locations, great soundtrack.

Ambika Mod was also brilliant in This is going to Hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm a fan of the book and enjoyed the movie.

I know the source material is the same but I was surprised how explicitly the show mirrored the film. The locations were the exact same and the direction felt identical.

Some of the set piece were allowed stew a bit with the lengthy series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished it. Had never heard of this before and it would not normally be my thing but that was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant acting and soundtrack was epic. 10/10.

Post edited by Glebee on

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

Watched this with herself over 4 or 5 nights last week. Finished up on Friday. Really enjoyed it. Top class acting, setting and music. To be honest finding it hard to shake this series off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I agree, it's definitely one that stays with you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Overall I really enjoyed this. Felt it dragged a little in the middle - we binged the first 7 or 8 in one day, then it took us a few days to get back to it. But really pulled it back by the end. Soundtrack was superb throughout - some brilliant choices used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just on episode 8 myself. Noticed the principal is driving a car from the future in it. It's 1995 and he has a 1997 Mondeo lol. They must not have been able to get a mk1 Mondeo estate pre revamp.

Otherwise a great show and yes great acting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Started watching this today and can't stop watching, but keeping last four episodes for tomorrow. Love it.

Advertisement