Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep Fencing Tams 3

Options
  • 22-02-2024 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, Has anyone submitted an application for this, is it a straightforward enough process that can be completed yourself or is it better to go through Teagasc/Advisor? Any recommendations or pitfalls along the way? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭clonagh

I did the application myself last year and got the approval letter a few days ago. It's pretty straightforward...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Jimbo789

What type of posts are approved to be used under TAMS 3 scheme since Creosote was banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea very straightforward. I did a bit about 5 years ago. Wish I had done more now as it was cheap then. Compared to now and I was 60% back then

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭sandman30

Straight forward enough. One pitfall is if you are within a certain distance (30m I think) of a national monument such as a ring fort you need permission from the national monument service first. That takes a bit of time.

The problem is you may have monuments that are recorded but not visible, so worth checking the national monument map before submitting application.

This was for TAMS2, but think it's the same for TAMS3

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Thegingerbear

I own a farm which I lease out. Could I get fencing carried out under TAMS or must I be a farmer to qualify for TAMS?

• Advertisement
Advertisement