Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor hard to start

Options
  • 21-02-2024 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Have a massey 4445/ Valtra model was hard to start so changed fuel lift pump and pipe from fuel tank to filter however still hard to start and sometimes needs bled to get started after sitting a few days no fuel leaks anywhere thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If it needs to be bled there might be a seal gone in the injection pump. Can you put a photo up of both sides of the engine. Parts darts is an expensive game, I spent €200 on a battery during the frosty week, now I don’t need it, yet.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bosallagh88

There seems to be a lot oil air coming through when you loosen the pipe going into injector pump I give the lift pump a few pumps to get the air out tighten and then loosen the 4 injectors turn the engine over for a couple of seconds tighten the 4 and then starts after a few seconds turning over

There seems to be a lot oil air coming through when you loosen the pipe going into injector pump I give the lift pump a few pumps to get the air out tighten and then loosen the 4 injectors turn the engine over for a couple of seconds tighten the 4 and then starts after a few seconds turning over

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Could you plump it to run it temporarily off a gallon of diesel by gravity mounted above the bonnet somewhere and start at the Injector pump and work your way backwards to the tank kinda section by section to isolate the problem

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Could it be the electric solenoid or the power coming to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭White Clover

Did you change the fuel filters recently? Check that it’s not drawing air here.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

If it's the same as the A95 Valtra check that the rubber seal from the old filter didn't stay up on the housing if you did replace the filters. Happened me once before and it was a pig to start if it was idle for any few days.

Thanks it’s this type of filter is there a 0 ring in the slive that holds it to the housing ? Don’t think any came with the filter

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Looks similar alright. As far as I can remember it was the small O-ring on top that caused the problem. The old one stayed on the outlet pipe and didn't allow it to seal off the air correctly. No diesel leak just drawing air. Might not be the problem but worth checking out anyway.

Advertisement