Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interactive Brokers Ireland Accounts : Regulatory Status and cash deposit protections

Options
  • 21-02-2024 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I signed up with Interactive Brokers Ireland in recent days for some small level trading and now that my account is up and running i see that i am being directed to a " .co.uk " web address when I Login. .

Are Interactive Brokers Ireland regulated by the Irish Central Bank or does it fall under the UK regulatory authorities oversight ?

Whichever is the case what protection is in place for cash deposits that they are holding ? : if under CBI does the €100k EU deposit guarantee apply OR is there an equivalent protection from UK authorities. When you look under the FAQs on the site they are unclear on this point and reference US deposit and securities protections which i am presuming would not apply here ( but maybe I am mistaken on that ).

Comments

Advertisement