Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler stove choice

Options
  • 21-02-2024 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi too all, I have a quick question because I can't find anything on this subject... we're plannin to buy a wood pellet stove with the back boiler and I'm stuck between klover diva slim 19.8kwh and Kalor 16b...I can't find any reviews on Kalor but price is pretty good and delivery in a 1 week , plenty reading material on diva but there's trouble with ordering, longer waiting for delivery and i really don't know if its worth it l.....help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Is it already piped for a boiler stove?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patricia839

Yes, previous owner had a range with back boiler to heat the water, we changed the pipes and added the rads, 7 dubbel ones. Is it tight with 16b...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

16 kw is probably quite adequate unless you have a rapid recovery hot water cylinder connected / high hot water demand. What floor area is the house?

Are they a good machine, that I don’t know. Is there decent onsite service when it needs it? Does the Irish importer have a sufficiently long history with them to provide some confidence?

To be honest, it’s not something I would put in, simply because from a quick calc it will cost about 15% more than an equivalent oil boiler to run and will likely give considerably more trouble.

Do you have oil hearing as well? Would a solid fuel / wood burner stove be worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patricia839

Thanks very much for information,to be honest I was filling exactly the same way but it's time for a change to better I hope 😅. We'll go with diva, I'll let you know how that went in a year 😊

Advertisement