Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Recruitment 2024

Options
  • 21-02-2024 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Evening all,

Assuming people have watched today's ongoings and was curious to know whether there are folk interested in applying to Garda Reserve recruitment campaign in the coming week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kaya1

Yes I would be interested. They haven’t had a recruitment for the reserve in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cian 3187

I believe the last recruitment campaign was 2017/2018 which I applied for and interviewed in the public appointment offices but failed to complete the BER form - Mistakes on my part and quite frankly - Disorganised.

It will be interesting to see, their "modern approach to training" and what that implies - Will the training be of a longer duration and what increased powers Garda Reserves will have. They were looking into permitting Reserves to patroll without a full time Garda.

Talks that recruitment will commence in the very near future. . I would have assumed that they would concentrate on the main force recruitment campaign but that doesn't seem to be the case.

All in all, I am delighted to see this campaign get the go ahead. Hopefully we meet along the way and train in Templemore together!

Maybe a WhatsApp group for those who express interest here, may not be a bad idea ?

Have a nice evening.

Cian - Limerick.

Advertisement