Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer importing bulky item from UK retailer

Options
  • 20-02-2024 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of buying a bulky item from a Uk retailer as a once off?

I've to arrange getting it shipped. I've looked online about customs, paperwork, and vat etc, but it's aimed at businesses. I'm not really sure what's involved for a consumer.

The item is manufactured in the UK, so I don't think customs will be charged. The company says they'll charge me UK Vat, and refund it once I've shown I've brought it to Ireland.

Is there paperwork that I can fill in and give to the shipping company?

Sorry I'm totally clueless about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭JVince

Shipping will be €100-€120

Customs entry paperwork will be approx €60

Vat will be 23% on the landed cost. (Item cost, + shipping) invoice needs to be excluding UK vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭JVince

The other option is to have it shipped to oohpod in Jonesboro over the border (they accept large items) and you collect it and bring it home.

That way there's no paperwork, UK vat is paid.

Advertisement