Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dune 2 - Best screen in Ireland to view - imax?

Options
  • 20-02-2024 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

So with Dune 2 just around the corner, I want to see it on the best screen.

I know that Cineworld and Odeon Blanch have a form of "imax" .... but is this version of their imax just a bigger screen or does it actually have the tall, imax aspect ratio?

If they are regular cinema ratio screens, I would just stick to my local cineplex.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s no real IMAX in Ireland, unfortunately.

Just go to the best screen your local has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

But is the cineworld imax screen for instance, is that the actual imax ratio, despite not being the full size?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No, it's not the IMAX ratio, it's just pretty standard screen dimensions but bigger and with somewhat better quality projection.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Ok, got it cheers.

I am ok with a smaller screen as long as the ratio was there. There are a couple of vids on youtube comparing Dune part 1 Imax crop v regular crop and its a noticeable difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'd be pretty confident that a regular screening will only show you the widescreen aspect ratio, and not mixed ratio for whatever their screen size is. Whereas the "IMAX" screen in Cineworld does change ratio for movies shot in Imax, even if it isn't the correct IMAX ratio overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I don't know what the Dublin Cineworld IMAX is like in reality, but the one in Belfast Cineworld does not disappoint and is a great screen in general. I believe the specs are:

Belfast 25m x 18.9m

Dublin 18.6m x 10m

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Advertisement