Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 days in Kuala Lumpur in August

Options
  • 20-02-2024 8:30pm

A friend & I are travelling to Borneo in August (have the latter plans sorted) stopping in Kuala Lumpur for two full days before flying on to Kuching. We are staying at the 5 Twenty @ Ampang Hilir guest house in the eastern embassy district, very close to the golf course. I see there’s a short walk to transport. I’m planning the finer details so as not to waste any time or energy. I have MS so my energy will be limited and I like retreating into the air con as I did in Penang last November.

We welcome recommendations for must-see places around the city, bearing in mind my mobility issues. No going up high towers as my friend hates being inside high buildings, that’s why I had to chose our two storey accommodation carefully 😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I was in KL last year for a few days, absolutely loved it. The Petronas towers are a must SEE at least, lovely lake and fountain at the base for pictures etc. You don't have to go up!

Public transport was excellent! But I wasn't looking at it from a mobility aspect so that might be a wrong steer!

If you like shopping (I didn't!), the place is unbelievable. Loads of high end shops and malls, absolutely everywhere!

Streets were busy, but wide and flat compared to other countries in the region FWIW.

It wasn't mega humid but I had just done Japan, China and the Philippines on the same trip which MELTED me so KL FELT a lot more manageable. (September)

I simply loved my last trip to Malaysia, an easy Easy Asian country. Hiring a car in Borneo as driving is same fashion as UK. Personally I lived going up high buildings, maybe my friend can sit in KLCC park below 😁

Some fabulous shopping centres in Penang. It is a microcosm of everything Malaysian in that a 30 minutes commuter bus ride will bring you to a very primitive but pleasant and friendly fishing village with a lovely beach. In the old and wonderful historic old town the elderly men came to my rescue, stopping traffic to let me cross the road at busy junctions etc!

in one of the swanky shopping centres in Penang I ones ed a lady taking her cat for a walk through it. Brilliant place!

Advertisement