Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a good look for Astronomy Ireland, from either end of the telescope.

Options
  • 20-02-2024 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭

A former employee of Astronomy Ireland says she was stripped of any work regarding financial matters because she "started to ask questions about the legality of some of the ongoings" at the organisation.

The worker, Nicole Doyle, was giving evidence after lodging complaints under the Terms of Employment (Information) Act 1994 against the management of Astronomy Ireland, with an address at Ballycoolin, Dublin 11.

At a public hearing into her complaint this morning, Ms Doyle said she was earning €538.47 a week gross for a 37.5-hour week as an administrator at the Ballycoolin office in 2022 and 2023, but was not furnished with a statement in writing of her terms of employment according to the required statutory timeframe.

"I had tried on multiple occasions to get a contract from them, via email, in person; any time anything relating to the contract came up, grievance reporting et cetera, I would say I need a contract because I need to do this – grievance reporting, sick reporting, anything you'd need a contract for," she said.

"They told me their solicitor… was sick, then she was on holidays, then sick again," she said.

etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement