Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed calls on S22 but phone doesn't ring.

Options
  • 19-02-2024 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Lately my S22 is getting missed calls even though the phone is right next to me. It's both general line and WhatsApp. Any reason for this as I'm assuming it's the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Does the phone actually show there's a call but you don't hear it ring or no indication at all, only a missed call notification?

Ringer volume turned down, Do not disturb on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

My phone is sitting next to me on the couch next thing it pings with a missed call not 1 ring. I never touch the volume button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Are you on the Three network by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Have you accidently turned on 'do not disturb' ?

• Advertisement

I doubt it. In the evenings my phone sits on the couch at arms length. I use my laptop for browsing. I only pick it up if it rings or I get a message. Maybe it'll clear itself up or I did do something to the settings. I'm a very casual phone user can't even remember the last time I entered settings. There was an update yesterday maybe that'll fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

I get that on whatsapp but not standard calls, it started about a year ago.

I tried everything that google suggested but no improvement.

Recently got a cheap smart watch and linked it to the phone and for some reason calls come through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Even though you doubt it, it can be very easy to turn down the ringer volumen. YOu need to double-check your volume and do not disturb settings so that you can at least rule them out.

I wouldn't rule it out but even if the volume was down it's close enough to me to see the screen light up. I would rule out do not disturb as I don't even know where it is. My phone is on ringer all day and at night I just put it on vibrate in case I get called late. It's not urgent I'm sure it'll fix itself up. I'm due a new one in a few months anyway. I started the thread cause I missed very important call from the distraught mother of a close friend the other night and I missed it but all is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Interesting, I've had this for a while on an S23, I'm also with Vodafone.

Phone doesn't ring, I just get the text message saying either I missed a call, or have a voicemail. The person who rang usually says it just went straight to voicemail, never rang at all.

It's highly annoying!

Hard to know if it's the phone or the network, but the phone is less than a year old.

• Advertisement

Exact same here except mine is S22. I'm thinking phone because it's happened with both regular line and whatsapp. I've a Vodafone shop near me I might pop in tomorrow and ask. Doubt if they'll be able to help but I'll be walking past anyway.

I rarely get WhatsApp calls so I haven't noticed any of those missed - it's been all normal calls.

I was leaning towards it being the network just because it's been happening with such a new phone I couldn't imagine it being the handset.

I never contacted VF because any time I've had to engage with them I basically almost lost the will to live, can't face it again!

Will you report back what they say, I'd be interested to hear (I'm sure it'll be along the lines of "nuttin to do with us, no no")

I will report back Heidi. The manager in there is really sound he's helped me out a couple of times and I've met him out of work a couple of times and he always asks if things are all good. Thing is the shop is a franchise and he hates VF with a passion as he reckons they get no help from them compared to VF run shops because they're a franchise. With it being the network my missed whatsapp calls come through the eir wifi at home so how would that be VF?

Update Heidi went into Vodafone and straight away she said i needed a new sim so she's obviously used to that query.

Hmmmm!

Thanks, will drop in to a VF shop next time I'm passing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

This happens to me on my Pixel 7 Pro with Three. I wonder if it's a SIM problem for me also. I will have to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Happens us on several different work phones on Eir

Advertisement