Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application - health insurance

Options
  • 19-02-2024 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all. Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or not but here goes…

I’ve recently got mortgage approval off BOI, and they included my employer’s health insurance contribution as part of my salary for the four times calculation.

I’ve also just applied with AIB, and don’t think they’re including this at all (it’s not a question on the salary cert as opposed to BOI whereby it is).

Is this just a difference of approach between banks, or do you think AIB will also include it when they see it on my payslip for Dec 2023 which shows the contribution YTD?

Thanks in advance,

a stressed first-time buyer

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't think it should be included; its not actual income - health insurance is optional so its not like its income. I find it extremely odd that BOI did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That would depend on the employer. Some will offer a reward package where the employee gets to choose to take as cash or apply to products such as health insurance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've worked in one of those places, but it was basically a €500 salary uplift if you didn't take their (awful) health insurance.

If you took the health insurance it wouldn't be mentionable on a salary cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

More modernised places (or 25 years ago) would have described a total rewards package which did include it. Those places would also have offered any healthcare package. Sounds like you were offered one of th very cut price GP plans maybe? Anyway, it exists, may become more common in FDI space. It inflates salaries and thus property prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sausages14

Salary cert template attached just FYI

• Advertisement
Advertisement