Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Hub 5 home phone not working

Options
  • 19-02-2024 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have a Virgin Media Fibre Hub5 since late December 23. Since then my home phone has not worked. I have checked all the connections and have rebooted the Hub many times. When I go into settings on the Hub 5 it says ‘No Telephony’ with no option to turn it on. Has anybody else had this issue and managed to solve it? This morning I rang support twice and the call dropped out - cant be doing that all day! I was also supposed to have a Virgin technician call out 3rd January but no show and no follow up from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

Hi @Corkhill42 ,

Had the same issue recently, if you still have the box from the new HUB 5 there should be printed on the actual box a sticker with the Router MAC Modem and MAC MTA

So the MAC MTA is the MAC address of the port (Tel 1) which your digital (DEC) phone needs to connect to, and it needs to be enabled on Virgin's end, their support leaves a lot to be desired, at least if you have this piece of info might hurry things up when on to their support line. Expect it to take a day or two to enable.

Rgds

Advertisement