Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xray without sedation

Options
  • 19-02-2024 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

We have an older bulldog who will need x-rays to check a potential condition. Our vet insists on sedation and that's a bit risky with elderly bull breeds.

Does anyone know of a vet in Dublin that would at least try xray without sedation?

Post edited by dave13 on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Last time my guy was sedated for an X-ray it was just enough to make him sleepy and he was back on his feet in about an hour. Our office was around the corner from the vets and I was at my desk less than an hour when they called saying he was ready to be collected. Depending on what the X-ray is for it might be painful or uncomfortable for your dog not having some sedation to take the edge off?

Advertisement