Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of standard Porch in Dublin 15

Options
  • 19-02-2024 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

I have for the last two months been on the quest of trying to organise getting a Porch built to my house, need the extra space for movement and accessibility for elderly parent living with us.

I am looking for a brick built porch, no planning so the standard size.

One window to one side, current front door which is composite is to stay where it is.

The door to the outside will be a French door full glass, All the standard, lighting outside and inside, flooring and an Apex roof.

Before starting the process I was thinking I might get some quotes around the 10k.

I have six quotes so far.

My local contractor who I have used for other jobs has provided two quotes at 14k before Vat, he actually said they quoted high as they dont really want the jobs.

One I found on FB has provided a quote of 12.8k before Vat.

I have three quotes now on a website onlineTradesman.

1st was 16k, second was 17.7k and third was 25k.

Am I mad to be expecting a cost around 10k?

But I would want to be committed to an institution to be paying 25k.

any thoughts or recommendations?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement