Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancel sky

Options
  • 19-02-2024 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

I contacted sky by text to cancel my package. It suits me better to do it this way rather than calling them. i am out of contract. was back and forth for 2 days. i have asked them to acknowledge that i have cancelled and they refuse to reply. from my understanding they should tell me where to return the sky box. am i doing it correctly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Pretty sure you have to phone them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I rang to cancel Sky was on a €100 a month but after a small chat got them down to €49 for six months and €69 for the remaining six months, she told me to call again after a year and should be able to get another deal, happy out with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

You will have to call unfortunately - text, chat, social media will just bring you around in circles and then usually close the chat at the end of the day and you are in effect starting over the next day.

Call first thing 9am and you should get through without too much of a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Yes, I called Sky on Friday to cancel as I have already initiated a switch and the 14 days have passed. I was asked if I would like to transfer to the SMS option and I thought yes, as i could keep responding please cancel to their offers.

So now I have a text record of 12 times I instructed them to cancel on Friday, and of course at the end of day they still hadn't done it and said they would come back to be again on Monday (today) at 8.30. New guy came on this morning and started the whole process again, asking me for the my details again, obviously starting from the start. I refused point blank to discuss any further. As far as I'm concerned I cancelled on Friday, end of. It's their problem to implement it. I suspect of course that they won't and will continue to bill me beyond April 1st. Which will leave me cancelling the direct debit etc and more hassle....

Right now my blood is boiling with SKY. I can tolerate some rigamarole about cancelling but this is completely unacceptable.

Advertisement