Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stood up to my boss

Options
  • 19-02-2024 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

As the title says, I stood up to my boss (I have 2, one is grand, the other one is abusive and a mor*n) for behaving as if I was his dog, he didn't like it, hasn't been talking to me since (it's been a week since I told him to his face not to talk to me like I was his dog or property. Last year same thing happened (I got a raise afterwards) and obviously he didn't learn from his mistakes as he's done it again.

What should I do ? I really start to think about leaving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Squatman

can you provide a bit of context? always good to stick up for yourself, and depending on how its done can be very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Document and record everything. Try and find out if your boss has a valid complaint, or not. If there's a continued pattern of disrespect, go to HR.

Also there are processes in every company around disputes and complaints.

Is it a large or a small company? A small company might have poorly developed HR processes.

Being forced out of a company is called constructive dismissal.

Everyone has a right to stand up to their boss, so make sure you are familiar with your rights as an employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mojo89

Last year he kicked me for stepping on a pile of material (didn't break any) and this time texted me on my personal number telling me to come to work, but once I got there was "told" not asked, to do the dirty job in his gaff. I'm their only employee, never been late, good worker and they need me more than I need them.

Oh and my other boss didn't know that he texted me on that day, as we were supposed to be off due to the weather.

Small company, 2 bosses, I'm the only employee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Squatman

this reads like a pi55take, however, ill indulge. Leave that job. you should have left when you were "kicked"

OP the obvious answer here is

1. speak to the other boss who clearly has more cop on
    2. leave

I don’t know what advice you need beyond that.

I already informed the other boss. Thanks for all the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What did the Guards say when you reported the assault on you?

I didn't reported it, told him it's the first and last time he'd crosses the line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement