Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling English Reg Camper

Options
  • 19-02-2024 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all I took home my camper from England a couple of years ago. I haven’t used it since I came home. I now want to sell it to my friend here. How do I go about it? Will my friend have to pay much to register it here. It’s 1992 reg.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Shoog

You are in a legal bind since you should have reregistered it upon entry. You might encounter difficulties as a consequence.

You will have to pay duties on it and VRT before you can sell it on otherwise he will never be able to insure and use it. VRT is 13% of current market value so you will have to see what similar campers go for to get an idea of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Littlecar

Thank you! Great I can do that. Who do I contact to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Shoog

If it was registered as a camper in the UK you only have to re-register at the revenue.

If you search this forum you will find plenty of threads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

If it's a 1992 reg I think your friend can just claim he bought it recently and then import it as a classic with low vrt. Impirt duty and vat may still be due.

If you relocated officially from UK to Ireland, you would have been due very relief and could have imported it for free. I doubt this is possible at this stage

Advertisement