Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical damage on brand new monitor

Options
  • 19-02-2024 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

A quick recap of the situation.

I placed an order at the beginning of December for a PC monitor, I meant to pick it up from the store myself. The order got delayed for nearly 2 weeks which resulted in me not being able to pick it up (I was traveling abroad) and it was instead delivered to my house where my friend received it. I returned home on the 27th of January where I connected the monitor just to find it was broken.

Now I’m in the middle of an email war which I feel like it’s going nowhere since according to them:

„The fault was not reported within 14 days of receiving a product”. The problem is I’m in this situation just because of that 2-week delay.

The second problem is, as stated in the title, it is physical damage (cracked panel), and I’m not sure how this affects my case.

The monitor is brand new, I literally took it out of the box connected it, and put it back, not even a scratch visible anywhere

How screwed am I and what can I do if the store isn’t going to help me?

Thanks

Advertisement