Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 18-02-2024 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭

It takes place in Perth, Australia on February 24th (10am start time for Irish viewers)

Pre-Show: Asuka & Kairi Sane (C) VS Indi Hartwell & Candice LeRae (WWE Women's Tag Team Championships)

The ppv card:-

Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton vs. Bobby Lashley vs. LA Knight vs. Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul (Elimination Chamber Match for a World Heavyweight Championship Match at WrestleMania 40)

Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair vs. Liv Morgan vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Naomi vs. Raquel Rodriguez (Elimination Chamber Match for a WWE Women's World Title Match at WrestleMania 40)

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Nia Jax (Singles match for the WWE Women's World Title)

Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins to appear on the "Grayson Waller Effect."

Judgement Day (Damian Priest and Finn Balor) (c) vs. British Strong Style (Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate) (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships)

The Rock is also scheduled to appear but not sure if this is still happening

Rhea is hardly losing to Nia in her headline homeland ppv, Drew and Becky seems likely chamber matches winners

Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nice time difference for a change

Drew and Becky be the best winners for the Chamber Matches

When it comes too WWE never doubt a hometown hero defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nia has been getting the upper hand too much with Rhea for her to lose, I expect Nia to look strong tonight on Raw also

What if Priest cashes in on Seth while he is a guest of Waller, as the ppv needs some shock surprise but R-Truth intervenes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not sure who does the photoshop for those but they need to be reviewed before release to see if everyone can be recognised.

Did not recognise LA Knight. just knew him from process of elimination (no pun intended). Owens just being a floating face.

Was thinking only 4 matches means it won't be long, but then each Chamber match will likely last at least 25-30 minutes since have the 5 minute gap between entrants. Though that still leaves about 2 hours for the tag match which they may get some time out of and I'm assuming a short women's match since don't see Nia having a 30 minute match. And the Grayson Waller Effect maybe 20 minutes? Video packages. And will The Bloodline be in there anywhere?

I discovered that Nia is also Australian born 

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be overly excited about the card if I was a ticket holder for this. Be great seeing the chamber matches in person and home town hero pop for Rhea but after that nothing much of note

Doubt The Rock and Roman will fly down

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I’m going and don’t care who’s on the card, just having such an event here instead of on the east coast is brilliant. Great buzz around the city centre over the past couple of days.

Having said that, they struggled to shift tickets at the original price and there’s some serious discounts now. I got mine for free so won’t complain whatever happens. Should be over 40,000 there and the stadium is one of the best around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aye, my wife's relations are taking their kids after getting hugely discounted tickets and the kids are so excited about it. It's a massive thing to get a PLE/PPV in the country imo and especially in Perth (huge East Coast bias in Oz for events a lot of the time), something we still haven't managed despite having several major stars at the top of the card for years now. Go and enjoy it says I and don't mind the whingers😁

Enjoy

I wonder will Punk make an appearance even just on commentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I don't think that anyone believes that it's going to be a 5* PPV/PLE as it's essentially just a set up for WM40.

It'll still be a great event in a large stadium in a region that's been overlooked for too long.

One thing I do love about it is how annoyed the American's are that it's at a time that doesn't suit them!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

My brother got free tickets to it as well and is bringing the nephews. You don’t really go to a WWE show for the wrestling you go for atmosphere. The nephews just want a load of WWE stuff to show off

Regards,

P.

Enjoy everyone who is going

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

R-Truth is in Austria, Ron Killing is just the best.

The brother took the nephews to the fan experience today and said they absolutely had a great time and said the whole place was buzzing.

He did said they were papering it with tickets so there was a few who paid big money when it was first announced making themselves known and not happy

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anything of note happen at the press conference? Won't get to watch it.

Won't get Smackdown or Elimination Chamber watched until Sunday.

These post covid international events have been fantastic for WWE. Caridff 2022 and MITB last year were awesome. Great hearing all the positive vibes from down under

The Pro Wrestling Boardsies are world wide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

From what I saw yesterday, a lot of yanks have come over for it. Triple H is saying 50,000 is the expected crowd which is great (even with freebies). The Undertaker did one of his events at an old prison last night, one of my mates was at it and said it was a brilliant night.

There was very little hype over the past few months which was surprising considering the state government paid a lot of money to get the event in WA. But that’s changed massively this week and the coverage has gone into overdrive.

I’ll head to the stadium with friends around 3:30pm to get amongst the atmosphere. We’ve all got our Perth 3:16 shirts ready to go 😂 Really can’t wait for it now!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae vs Kabuki Warriors for the women's tag titles added to the preshow if anyone is so inclined to watch.

Crowd great so far, seems like a brilliant atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Everyone is a little off due to the humidity, hopefully it cools down or the nia jax match could be a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bianca looking quite 'Princess Leia in the Gold Bikini' out there.

Orton's Aussie Aussie Aussie 😁

Is Mami Rhea and Dom being kept apart as she is the face in her home country ppv?

I have very strong feelings about people kicking out of a double burning hammer......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Was it a work or did that look like Finn actually damage his thumb.

Entertaining match that was only going one way though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Women's Chamber match fizzled out a little bit. Thought the early going with Becky/Naomi/Tiffany and Bianca when she got involved initially was brilliant.

Becky not doing it for me these days tbh. Not sure what it is..I just think there's much more diverse than her on the roster these days.

Bianca Belair is awesome

Not sure myself initially I thought he was selling the Pete Dunne spot but on a replay of the finish I think he might have popped it out

I was really impressed with Tiffany as well. She's definitely the next big star in the women's division. You're right though Becky's work hasn't been great recently.

Big Bronson Reed just became a big poppa, hence why he missed the event.

Could have flown to Australia and I wouldn't have missed any of this match, really milking the entrances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I reckon Becky might step away from wrestling full time soon. She's 37 now, she's done everything there is to do, and if they want more kids time is ticking on. I think she'll beat Rhea at Mania then she'll put over whoever they decide is their next star. Maybe that's Rhea getting her title back.

Advertisement