Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 300

Options
  • 18-02-2024 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭

So supposedly just 1 fight left to be added but won't be a main event.

Reading online their has been criticism but I think this is a very solid card. I don't have any interest in the Bo Nickal squash match and to a lesser extent the Sterling fight does little for me, but that is a very strong main card with Pereira v Hill, Zhang v Yan, Prochazka v Rakic, Oliviera v Arman and Gaetjhe v Holloway.

Then you have the debut of Kayla, and 2 up and coming killers in Lopes and Yussuf.

Andrade v Rodirguez might not impress those who don't like WMMA, but Andrade is always good fun and its probably one of the prelims anyway. Cody v Figgy and Green v Miller also look like fun fights which the crowd should enjoy.

Not sure what the internet wanted from this card, the likes of Conor and Jones were never realistic. Maybe Apinall on the card but no obvious opponent anyway.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/108579-ufc-300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's a good card to me, really looking forward to pretty much all the fights. Would have been nice to see Chandler on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

UFC 299 will be worth a watch aswell.

I think people are just disappointed there's no superstar on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah for sure. You look at the superstars and they were never feasible.

Conor? Who knows and if comes back it would never be on a stacked card like this, you don't need to load up a Conor card to sell.

Ronda is done, Jon is injured and Brock is near 50 and has bigger issues to deal with atm.

According to Izzy they wanted him v DDP to headline which I believe as they are weakening the following PPV in Brazil by having Pereira at 300.

However Pereira v Hill is a genuine banger, two finishers who don't do lay and pray.

A lot to dislike about UFC, but tbf bar the Strickland one in January they have stacked the PPVS although it does mean the fight nights this year have been very weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

About time they start sticking the PPV events.

But we have a quality 299 next week to look forward to first :)

https://www.mmamania.com/2024/3/10/24096078/ufc-300-adds-final-big-bout-dana-white-promised-bo-nickal-shoe-horned-into-ppv-main-card-lineup

So that's the main card. 4 of those fights their make sense but Bo is way to high on the card as that's the fight for me I am less interested in. I'd actually would have rather have seen Holly fecking Holm their as her fight also has more intrigue than Bo squashing a bum.

Main Card

205 lbs.: (C)Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill

115 lbs.: (C) Weili Zhang vs. Xiaonan Yan

155 lbs.: (BMF C)Justin Gaethje vs. Max Holloway

185 lbs.: Bo Nickal vs. Cody Brundage

155 lbs.: Charles Oliveira vs. Arman Tsarukyan

‘Prelims’ Card

205 lbs.: Jiri Prochazka vs. Aleksandar Rakic

145 lbs.: Calvin Kattar vs. Aljamain Sterling

135 lbs.: Holly Holm vs. Kayla Harrison

145 lbs.: Diego Lopes vs. Sodiq Yusuff

155 lbs.: Jalin Turner vs. Renato Moicano

115 lbs.: Jessica Andrade vs. Marina Rodriguez

155 lbs.: Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller

135 lbs.: Cody Garbrandt vs. Deiveson Figueiredo

Complete agree. There's like 5 prelim fights that should take massive precedence over Bo Nickal. I don't get UFC's hardon for him at all, and unless I'm out of the loop he's not that popular either.

He hasn't even fought anyone of note yet. Brundage is the first decent fighter he's facing and it seems ridiculous that the odds are so astromonically in favor of Nickal.

If he demolishes him in spectacular fashion then maybe I can start to buy into the hype train.

I'd honestly think you could justify Miller v Green on the main card over it as at least the outcome is not in doubt! It's not an exxageration its the "fight" I have the least interest in the card. Some may not know Lopez, Yusseff, Turner and the ladies MMA annoys some but all those fights have more intrigue for me.

Regarding BO, build him slow but surely have him fight someone around the top 15-20 next in the division?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Collegiate wrestling has a huge following. I’d assume it’s driven by that.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It's UFC trying to build a star, They are very very short of star power look at these threads they are dead compared to years gone past, MMA star power is at it's all time low ,

They have no cross over stars right now,

Bo bring the wrestling commiunity & is American it makes sense in that avenue ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Great card for this. What fights are you most looking forward to. I think the Gaethje Holloway fight could be a banger.

Why is Figuerido v Garbrandt on the pre pre-lim card.

That's madness having them on first.

They wanted to start off with a bang tbf so it makes sense from that POV.

Tbh bar the No Nickal squash I think all of them have some intrigue.

Cody v Figgy is a banger to start off with.

Andrade is one of the few female fighters I enjoy watching.

Green v Miller is one for the fans but in the moment I will like.

Turner should kill Moicano as he is huge.

Yusuff v Diego is a banger, these 2 will be on the main cards soon enough.

Holly I don't enjoy watching, but am interested to see how Kayla does as the weight cut she has done is wild. She can't do that to often.

Calvin v Sterling is interesting to see how the latter does moving up, can't call it.

Jiri v Rakic is 50/50 personified and probably should be on the main card rather than Bo but it is what it is.

Charles v Armen for me is the one with most interest, Armen is very good but Charles is another level, I think Armen takes it but his 4/9 odds with the bookies is very short.

Justin v Max will be a banger, but I don't see how Max can win, he won't be able to finish Justin who will just beat him to a late finish or a lob sided decision.

Zhang v Yan, ,,,,Zhang should win but not one I have thought to much about although I like both girls.

In the main event when announced I fancied Alex by murder but closer it gets I do wonder can he handle the power of Hill?

Izzy caught him and if Hill does then its good night.

Great card and seems not to be on Box office? Class.

Ya speaking of which how does one watch this in Ireland next day? I know it's on TNT sport through Now TV or whatever but is there a catchup option or what?

Won't be watching this until Sunday evening and I'd rather do it the legal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

Harrison somehow made the weight, looked like death mind you, but I think she's in trouble if she doesn't get Holm out of there early

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

guys, who is broadcasting this, channel?

Edit: found it. TNT1

Ah right I see, it is some card. Didn't think it was that stacked.

Feel sorry for Bo though, he even knows he shouldn't be where he is on the card. I'd have Jiri v Rakic way ahead of that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Jiri is a beast fantastic comeback. Love the guy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

WOW! What a knockout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

BRUTHA 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That was some KO.

A great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That was one of the craziest things I've ever seen in the UFC

Did anyone notice Tsarukyan clocking someone in the crowd on the way to the octagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Max what a legend.

Sterling win was impressive but dull and not hugely impressed with Nickal. but its been a top notch card so far.

Diego is box office and Jiri and Holloway are absolute warriors!

'I can wake her up, do you want me to wake her up?'

Did I just hear that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yeah, I heard that clip too! That ain’t right at all, gotta be dangerous.

Advertisement