Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I convert my solid fuel range to burn oil

Options
  • 18-02-2024 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone out there would know how to convert a Stanley Range solid fuel to an oil Range. It has a back boiler and is great for heating the water but we are getting too old for cleaning after turf and coal and would prefer if the range could be converted. The range is a lovely old piece and I would like to keep it there regardless of whether it could be changed over. We do have central heating via an outside boiler that heats the house but the range is in the kitchen and part of the furniture so to speak and also I dont have to flick on an immersion to have hot water especially in the morning. Hoping someone can help. Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

It used to be done 40 years ago, I haven’t come across anyone doing it in recent years. It wasn’t a great job either.

My suggestion would be to consider using the oil more, maybe add some room stats/better controls and keep the range as is for special occasions or very cold weather.

Advertisement