Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts for build

Options
  • 18-02-2024 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

what are the cheapest websites for buying parts for building/upgrading a system ? I'm upgrading an old Alienware PC, an Alienware Aurora ALX R4. mATX size motherboard I was going to go with AMD to keep the cost down. What would be a good CPU & GPU (AMD) to pick for to have graphics set to high for games like the latest Call of Duty and BATTLEFIELD 2042 and so on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you sure you want to keep the case?

As far as i can tell it's micro-ATX (standardized) but a gigantic 69L and 20kg, and with poor/non-existent airflow.

All things considered, I'd go with an all-new build.

You can also check MemoryC.ie - I think they had the case a bit cheaper, maybe other parts too.

And if you want a liquid cooler, go for an Arctic Liquid Freezer III 240 (see bargains thread).

Advertisement