Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw 4 series engine

Options
  • 18-02-2024 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question, but I couldn't find any info online.

I have a 420d bmw which i got for a very good price, its stage 1 mapped, but I'd like more power, its due to get the timing chain done as there's close to 200,000km on it.

Would it be possible to swap out the engine for a 435d one, or is the car not compatible?

Costs isn't really an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most things are doable if you throw enough money at them. Lots of other components to change too. Remember a stock 435d is x-drive (awd) and has two turbos. I'd guess the cooling system is probably different too.

Probably cheaper and more practical to just change cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Cheaper and safer to just buy a 435d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Thanks, so it was a stupid idea 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Not really a stupid idea, it's possible.

I had an e46 3 series 318i SE model and regretted not getting an msport and I looked into buying parts to switch and make it msport. Or sport I think they were called back then.

After researching, I ended up just buying a 530i sport

Advertisement