Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitars

Options
  • 18-02-2024 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have 1500euro to spend on a Guitar.. can someone tell me best place to buy one and what should I buy??..thanks. Andy133

Post edited by Say Your Number on

Answers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Wrong forum methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 andy133

New here.. what do i do? Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this is the 'snooker and pool' forum; there's a musical instruments forum also.

https://www.boards.ie/categories/instruments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

LOL, guessing you've been moved!

if I was spending €1500 I'd be going to every music shop within driving distance and playing every guitar in the shop.

remember that you might find a €600 instrument that fits you better than the €1400 one beside it on the rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Do you have any idea what you want? Bit hard to recommend something otherwise. That said, I like PRS SEs, so maybe a Custom 24 or a McCarty 594. You’ll have enough change to put the locking tuners on it too.

Xmusic or Waltons probably some of the biggest shops in Ireland, quite a few shops in Dublin City Centre too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Have you played before or just starting out?

What style of music do you play or intend on playing?

If I was spending that amount I'd be looking at a second hand gibson les paul for all round genre versatility. From classical to Heavy Metal.

A little heavy but great necks and shape for easy playability

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its a bit like picking a life partner. No one on an internet can really advise you on what YOU will like most.

Its best to get out there and try a good few types and see what the best match for you - what makes you tick.

Advertisement