Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Insurance - only ever been on company policy

Options
  • 17-02-2024 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for some advice / guidance

I've not had motor insurance in my own name in 25 years as I've had a company car.

I am now looking at giving the company car back due to BIK.

But the only thing I have is a letter from the company car insurance broker saying I've been on their policy for 10 years (as I joined this place 10 years ago). I'm finding it difficult to get even a remotely decent quote for insurance as the couple of places I've spoken to say that letter is worthless, I need a no claims bonus.

Anyone faced this previously, got any suggestions or potential places I can ask?

Thanks in advance

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,873 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Try all the brokers and companies you can find, I do this every year even with a full NCD.

A company that gives me a good quote might not want your business and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I have done the same letter as you for ex employees in the past, I'm not sure how much good if has done them all but I know 1 in particular said his quote went way down.

Ring everyone I suppose. It's definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

its a tough shot, as suggested try brokers, having said that the consolidation of brokers has brought much higher brokerage fees even for renewals.

Last year my BER insurance fee was 25, 78 on renewal

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Had exact same issue a couple of years ago. You need to use a broker, they got me a reasonable price.

Advertisement