Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Kuga power steering malfunction

Options
  • 16-02-2024 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Family member has a 2017 Ford Kuga 1.5Tdci. We were on a trip yesterday pulled in for food and when we went to set off again the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and "Steering assist malfunction" message on dash.

Lost power steering for a few minutes but then it came back and hasn't returned since. Scanned with Forscan and the following codes came up.

Had a brief look online and seems to be common with the electric racks. He has the 7 year warranty/100,000km.

The car has 104,000km and 7 years is up 20th February in 4 days time.

Chances of ford repairing it under warranty if it is eligible.

Codes:

P0564

U0131

U3003

B112B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GPoint

Run to nearest Ford dealership quick! Hopefully could get it fixed under warranty.

Have you checked the battery?

I had random issues with a Focus where it was reporting random drive train errors and turned out battery was very low. I since replaced it with an AGM battery and changed BMS to charge battery upto 95% instead of 80%, in ForSCAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

steering arm sensor needs replacing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

If the battery is original that's the first thing I'd be changing, causes these issues on the Kuga

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Had a look at the battery due to one of the codes being battery voltage.

This cable was a bit loose. Presume it's a ground cable, that could cause the power steering issue?

Advertisement