Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Pitch & Putt 2024

Options
  • 16-02-2024 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The closure of Parteen Pitch and Putt in 2021/22 has left Limerick with a serious lack of pitch and putt courses. For a prominent county, this is a poor state of affairs and I'm wondering if there is any interest out there in trying to develop a new course in the Limerick area. County Limerick has one official course at present, Bruff P&P. Meanwhile, counties such as Kerry, Tipp and Cork have an abundance of courses. There would be major challenges in trying to establish a new course in Limerick, land and money being the two main hurdles in my view. However, where there's a will, there's a way, I'd be glad to hear from anyone who would be interested in taking up such a challenge.

Limerick has a lot of sporting amenities for team sports, however pitch and putt is a game for everyone from age 8 to 80 (and above)! It's inexpensive to play, and a great pastime for young and old. Obviously, any new course would have to be maintained and managed well, it would have to be designed in a way that is playable for all and something a local community would be proud of.

Tagged:

Advertisement