Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever fly long haul with China Airlines?

Options
  • 16-02-2024 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to fly to Melbourne with the kids, age 8 and 11, and the best price I can find is with China Airlines via Heathrow and Tapei. Travel time is 5 hours more than Singapore Airlines via Singapore but its only 2 hours more in the air.

Has anyone ever flown with China Airlines? They seem well regarded online but their price is good but cheaper than the rest and I'm wondering if there is a a reason for this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Yea I flew to Taipei with them.

They were great, that was in their 777 so I presume if it’s an A350 you could be on, would be even better.

their premium economy is very nice also, compared to say the likes of KLM.

edit: they really should change their name tho.

first time I was in Taipei , I was coming back on KLM and offered to swap onto china airlines , I didn’t take that offer , I didn’t know they were a Taiwanese airline, not a mainland China airline and I had never heard of them at that time.

i would pick them over KLM any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Flown many times with Air China long haul, no issues. Staff are nice, food and entertainment on par with western airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

They're different airlines.

Air China = PRC flag carrier

China Airlines = Taiwan flag carrier

Advertisement