Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Section 17, Housing Act 1992

Options
  • 16-02-2024 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Did you have to produce an actual rent book or did HAP receipts/bank statements filtered to show only rental costs suffice? I never received a rent book.

I've been on HAP for 8 years and had 3 inspections. The 3rd was a month ago. The inspector wants to meet again for section 17 and 18 though the gaff is grand. I take very good care of it.

I would rather show any proof I can that avoids getting the landlord involved. He owns a hotel and many rental properties, and seems to have forgotten about me as my rent hasn't risen in 5 years. I don't want to draw attention to myself, especially with the rapid rising cost of living. If a rent book has to be drawn up, he is going to become aware that I'm paying significantly less than the norm for this area.

Advertisement