Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery from long term postural and joint issues, wheelchair to walking again:

Options
  • 15-02-2024 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

First this isn't me obviously, but I think it's a great case study of what's possible when the correct interventions are performed.

What's even more interesting is, this individual was, despite his initial weight, quite a successful athlete.

In any case, it doesn't delve excessively into the specifics of his postural and joint issues apart from body weight, and malfunction of his right hip capsule.

The main intervention is apparently yoga, muscle stretching based, but we see a variety of physical therapy style techniques being used.

I time stamped that video where a contributor describes, the mental component as being the pivotal consideration in rehabbing and addressing physical issues.

I thought that was particularly interesting as, those who've been exposed to sports psychology (physical performance psychology), know that the "thoughts -> emotions -> actions" framework underwrites success there in.

For that reason I think it's possible that cognitive science could play an increasingly prominent role in health science as it continues to evolve.

In physics we trust....

Advertisement